Multigenerational co-living in the heart of San Francisco
We are a house and community of 19 adults, kids, parents, non-parents, and families of different shapes. We are a mix of folks in many different stages of life who are interested in living in community with children.
We believe that humans aren’t meant to live - or raise kids - in isolation. We strive to live interconnected with each other and with the communities around us. That’s why we’re putting “it takes a village” into practice. Our house is a mini-village where people come together to share the highs and the lows of living together and raising the next generation.
We bring more joy and ease to life by sharing cooking, adventures, babysitting, teaching, late nights telling stories, shoulders to cry on, and everything in between. We aim to raise kids together rather than exasperated and alone, and we dream of being like family to each other’s kids. We know that the whole can be more than the sum of its parts and we’re putting that into action.
We believe that the benefits of this model outweigh the challenges, whether or not we have young ones ourselves. We are choosing to live together so that we can inspire, nourish, challenge, and fascinate each other.
- We live in a sunlit Edwardian house overlooking the panhandle near Golden Gate Park. The house was completely renovated in 2014 (All the interiors are new! Double-paned windows!)
- Our house has 18 bedrooms, 3 kitchens, and 9 bathrooms divided equally among 3 flats.
- Three of the bedrooms have been converted into a kids play room, adult tea room / quiet zone, and a multi-purpose room with exercise equipment and craft supplies.
- We have a concrete backyard with cute rugs, a fireplace, and many well-loved plants.
- Our neighborhood has easy walking access to the panhandle, kids playgrounds, and large green spaces. We value balancing city life and bountiful access to nature.
- Although the house has 3 separate flats, all members move freely between all 3 floors. We operate as one cohesive community.
We’re always eager to meet more people who share similar values, ideas, or questions. Come to one of our monthly pancake parties and sign up for our mailing list to learn about upcoming events and vacancies!